Terms & Conditions
WORKSAFE VICTORIA FOOTY’S FAVOURITE FARMER COMPETITION
Competition Schedule, Terms and Conditions
|Promotion name||FOOTY’S FAVOURITE FARMER |
This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining a winner.
|Eligible states/territories||Victoria, Australia|
|Promotion period||Start: Monday 17 April 2023|
End: Wednesday 26 July 2023
No entries will be accepted outside this time.
|Promoter||TLA Worldwide (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 36 603 385 575 on behalf of Victorian Workcover Authority ABN 90 296 467 627 trading as WorkSafe Victoria of 1 Malop Street, Geelong Victoria 3220|
|Eligible entrants||Entry to the promotion is voluntary and open to :|
1. Persons who are permanent residents of the State of Victoria and Farmers who are employed in a Victorian workplace that has a physical presence (Workplace) (Entrant).
A ‘Farmer’ is defined as:
1. an individual 18 years and above or strata corporation in Australia with an ABN domiciled in Victoria who owns or operates as their primary business operation:
a. an agribusiness or livestock business;
b. horticulture, pastoral, apiculture, or aquaculture industry; and
c. an individual that contributes at least 75% of their own labour to a farm business (under normal circumstances), or earns at least 50% of their income from a farm business (under normal circumstances), or they own or lease land and use it for farming purposes (includes agistment).
2. Country football and netball clubs must be affiliated with AFL Victoria Country.
If you are under 18, you must get approval from your parent/guardian before you enter, and if you will be under 18 on the date the prize is awarded, it will be awarded to your parent or guardian.By approving your participation or by accepting any prize on your behalf, your parent or guardian accepts these terms and conditions. All entries of Entrants who are under the age of 18 and have not obtained the required parental or legal guardian consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid.
Further, an entrant will be ineligible to enter if they:
a) fail to abide by all laws, regulations, privacy rules and other rules (including those listed in these terms and conditions); and
b) employees of the promoter, its agents, contractors and anyone associated with the running of this promotion (and their immediate families) are ineligible to enter.
The validity of the entry and all other requirements of entry will be solely determined by the promoter.
Entrants may only enter in their own legal name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an entrant who is deemed by the promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the promoter, be deemed invalid.
An entry is deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries which are partially or wholly incomplete, inaccurate, false, erroneous, ineligible and/or in any way incomprehensible or outside the intent of the promotion, will automatically be deemed invalid. The promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
The promoter reserves the right to request the entrant produce within a required timeframe photo identification, proof of being a Victorian resident, proof of working in a Victorian business as a farmer and other documentation for verification to the promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion in order to confirm the entrant’s identity and eligibility to enter the promotion and claim a prize, in addition to any information submitted by the entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a prize (including confirming consent from an entrant’s parent or legal guardian and the name, age and contact details of the parent or legal guardian that gave their consent, where an entrant is under 18 years of age).
|Ownership of entries||In entering the promotion, an entrant is indicating that all information provided in an entry is correct and that the entrant has copyright in the content entered and understands that upon entering the promotion, all copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes the property of the promoter.|
|Details of prizes||Monthly prize|
· Farmer reward (safety pack)
1x WorkSafe branded work shirt and boot covers, 1x a personal locator beacon with GPS, 1 x Sherrin football and netball + an operator protective device (or another similar product of comparable value) valued at $1,400
· Club reward (merchandise pack)
One bag of Sherrin footballs and netballs valued at $1,000.
· $10 000 towards safety improvements at the club
· $10 000 towards safety improvements for the Farmer on their property, based on recommendations from an independent OHS Essentials consultant.
Monthly spot prize for nominators
· A pair of airpods
· Tickets to a Melbourne Vixens home game for two people
· A Sherrin football or netball
|Total number of prizes||· 3 x monthly prizes|
· 1 x major prize
· 3 x spot prizes for nominators
|Total prize value||$29,563 |
|Method of entry||For an entry to be valid (an entry), an entrant must, during the promotional period register their entry by:|
(a) adhering to the eligible entrant requirements, including but not limited to being an Eligible Entrant and meeting the Finalist Eligibility criteria;
(b) tell us in 50 words or less via countryclubhub.com.au why you think your favourite footy Farmer should be crowned with the title of ‘Footy’s Favourite Farmer.
Consent to the collection and use of your personal information, being your name, mobile number, email address (and other personal information as set out in the terms and conditions), photo and/or video (of you or your parent or legal guardian as the case may be) in accordance with these terms and conditions.
|Judging||All Prizes (Monthly, Major and Monthly Spot prize for nominating participants) will be awarded to entrants selected by the promoter or their nominated representative from eligible entrants who satisfy the method of entry. The promoter or their nominated representative will judge on the following equally weighted criteria (together the “criteria”);|
(ii) creativity; and
|Finalist eligibility for Farmer||To be eligible to win the major prize (after being selected as a finalist), the Farmer must provide their business details, including name and ABN. The entries of any finalists who do not provide this Information will be deemed Invalid.|
If the finalist’s business has been prosecuted in the last 3 years, or has any outstanding Improvement Notices or impending legal actions, for any occupational health and safety offence, the finalist will be deemed Ineligible to receive the Major Farm Prize.
|Major prize eligibility for Farmer and club||Farmer|
The winner of the major Farmer prize will receive a free sign-up for the OHS Essentials program, which will include an independent consultant working with the Farmer on implementing the major prize (i.e., $10 000 towards safety improvements). The consultant will recommend options at the initial consultation and conduct two follow-up visits to check the improvements are working effectively. The consultant will take before and after photographs to visually illustrate the improvements, which will be used for promotion via AFL Victoria, WorkSafe and partner channels.
Nominating country football and netball club
To be eligible to claim the major prize (after being selected), the nominating club must show that they have the appropriate WorkSafe signage around the club and that there is an Occupational Health and Safety, or Risk Management Program being implemented.
Funding is available for safety initiatives including, but not limited to:
o equipment to be purchased by the club that has the purpose of protecting the individual participants while actively engaged in the sport. (i.e., goalpost padding, first aid kids, defibrillators, slip resistant flooring)
o permanent or portable structures that provide shelter and or safety. (i.e., behind goal netting, shelter shed, shade sails, fireplace guards, fencing for walkways)
o minor facility maintenance which presents an occupational health and safety hazard.
Clubs successful in receiving funding are required to:
o use the funds for the specified activity.
o notify AFL Victoria Country if the project has been cancelled and return all funding paid within 14 days if required
o be responsible for ensuring adequate insurance cover for any equipment purchased.
o complete any evaluation required by WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country.
Clubs will be required to document and capture the safety improvements though a variety of formats including:
• photographs (before and after shots)
• film of the new equipment in use
• written feedback by relevant stakeholders
• telephone call with an AFL Victoria representative to discuss usage of the equipment
• commitment by club to promote ‘Footy’s Favourite Farmer’ via club communication channel
• acknowledgement summary – a statement confirming how the allocated funds have successfully been used for their desired purpose
o how the funds have been spent
o the purpose of the new project
o completion date
o how the project will benefit the club and community.
Please note – Any club who enters the ‘Footy’s Favourite Farmer’ competition thereby consents for WorkSafe, AFL Victoria and their partners to use any provided content for marketing purposes.
Farmer and club
To be eligible for the major prizes respectively, the Farmers and club nominators from the monthly winners (x three) will participate in a filming at their club grounds. They will talk-through their experiences on-camera, participate in photography and contribute for background footage as required.
|Maximum number of entries||Unlimited|
|Prize draw||The prize draws will occur at TLA Melbourne Office Level 3, 510 Church Street, Richmond 3121|
|Notification of winners||Monthly prize winners will be notified via email and/or phone by:|
· Monthly Prize draw (and Monthly spot prize for nominating participants) May winner – Wednesday 31 May, 2023
· Monthly Prize draw (and Monthly spot prize for nominating participants) – June winner – Friday 30 June, 2023
· Monthly Prize draw (and Monthly spot prize for nominating participants) – July winner – Friday 28 July, 2023
The Major Prize winner will be notified via email address and/or phone provided on Monday 21 August.
Winners must contact the promoter and confirm their eligibility to win the prize within 10 business days of receiving the notification that their entry has been drawn; otherwise their entry will be deemed Invalid.
|Public announcement of winners||The promoter will notify the winners of the prize in accordance with the notification of winners.|
Monthly winners and the major prize winner will be promoted via AFL Victoria, WorkSafe and partner channels. Monthly winner promotion will take place from May-August 2023, with the major prize winner promotion following that.
|Unclaimed prize draw||If the prize(s) are unclaimed by the unclaimed prize draw date, the promoter will award the prize(s) to the eligible entrant(s) who came runner-up when the entries were judged, subject to any directions from any regulatory authority. |
Unclaimed prize draw date:
Tuesday 29 August
Location of unclaimed prize draw:
TLA Melbourne Office Level 3, 510 Church Street, Richmond 3121 VIC
|Notification of unclaimed prize winners||Notification method:|
The winners will be notified via email.
|Public announcement of winners from unclaimed prize draw||The winners of all unclaimed prizes will be published here: N/A.|
Your personal information is collected by WorkSafe for the purpose of conducting the promotion and distributing the prize, as well as for direct marketing purposes (including, but not limited to, electronic direct marketing, promotional activities, customer database collation and customer research). Access to the information collected by WorkSafe is limited to contractors, suppliers and agents that are involved with this promotion. If the information requested is not provided, entry into the promotion will be deemed invalid.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
- These terms and conditions set out the rules of participation in the Promotion (Terms). By entering the Promotion, the Entrant guarantees they have the authority to accept and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- Information on how to enter and Prize details form part of these Terms. The Terms must be read in conjunction with the Schedule. The Schedule defines the terminology used in these Terms. Where there is any inconsistency between these Terms and the Schedule, the Schedule prevails. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms. In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms, results and all other matters relating to the Promotion, Promoter’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Entry is open only to legal residents of the Eligible States/Territories who satisfy the Method of Entry. Directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers (including Prize suppliers) and contractors (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees, suppliers and contractors) of the Promoter and of its related bodies corporate, and of the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
- The Prize/s are specified in the Details of Prizes section of the Schedule.
- The total Prize Pool is specified in the Total Prize value section of the Schedule and may be subject to change.
- Any Prize is valued in Australian dollars unless expressly stated to the contrary.
- If the Prize winner has not confirmed their availability to take the Prize on the specified dates by the specified time and date, the Prize winner’s entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a further draw to award the Prize, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority.
- The Entrants must follow the Method of Entry during the Promotion period to enter the Promotion. Failure to do so will result in an invalid Entry. The Promoter will not advise an Entrant if their Entry is deemed invalid.
- The time of Entry will be deemed to be the time the Entry is received by the Promoter.
- Entrants may submit up to the Maximum number of entries (if applicable).
- The winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the Notification of winners and Notification of unclaimed Prize winners (if applicable) sections of the Schedule. Notification to winners will be deemed to have occurred on the later of the time the winner receives actual notification from the Promoter or two business days thereafter. The notification will include details about how the Prize(s) can be claimed.
- It is a condition of accepting any Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated.
- The winner(s) name and town of residence will be published in accordance with the public announcement of winner’s section of the Schedule (if applicable).
- If the Prize(s) has not been claimed by the Unclaimed Prize draw time and date and subject to any written directions from a State lottery agency, the Promoter may conduct an Unclaimed Prize draw in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize draw section of the Schedule (if applicable). In the event the Unclaimed Prize draw takes place, the Promoter will attempt to contact the winner(s) of the Unclaimed Prize draw in accordance with the Notification of unclaimed Prize draw section of the Schedule, and if applicable, the name and State/Territory of residency of any winner(s) of the Unclaimed Prize draw will be published in accordance with the section of the Schedule entitled public announcement of winners from unclaimed Prize draw. If a Prize is no longer available, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, then the Promoter may substitute with a Prize of higher or equal value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation In Prize value (Including between advertising of the Promotion and receipt of the Prize). The Promoter is not allowed to deduct any administrative costs associated with provision of the Prize.
- All additional costs which may be Incurred In acceptance and use of a Prize are the responsibility of the winning entrant.
- No compensation will be payable If the winning entrant is unable to use their prize for whatever reason. The Promoter accepts no responsibility if a prize is lost or stolen. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss suffered beyond the control of the Promoter and winning entrant will not be entitled to any additional benefits or prizes as a consequence of the loss.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all warranties, representations or guarantees (Warranties) regarding the Promotion and any Prizes, including any Warranties which may have been made in the course of advertising or promoting the Promotion. The conduct of the Promotion or the supply of Prizes may involve third parties, and the Promoter makes no Warranties and disclaims all liability in connection with any such third parties, their acts or omissions. By entering the Promotion, an Entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (including the officers, employees and agents of each) from and against all actions, penalties, liabilities, claims or demands the Entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an Entrant entering or participating in the Promotion or winning or failing to win a Prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- If despite the foregoing clause, the Promoter incurs a liability to an Entrant under any law which implies a Warranty into these Terms which cannot legally be excluded, the Promoter’s liability in respect of the Promotion is limited, in the Promoter’s discretion, to either resupplying such goods or services as form part of the Promotion or paying the cost of resupplying those goods or services.
- Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no circumstances will an Entrant or the Promoter have any liability to the other for any loss or damage suffered which is indirect or consequential in nature, including without limitation any loss of profit, loss of reputation, loss of goodwill, or loss of business opportunity.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage in transit to or delay in transit of Prizes.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion not accept a particular Entry, may disqualify an Entry, or cancel the entire Promotion at any time without giving reasons and without liability to any Entrants. Without limiting this the Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, Prize claims and Entrants and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry or Prize claim that is misleading or not in accordance with these Terms or who manipulates or tampers with the Entry process. In the event that a winner breaches these Terms, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter; whose decision is final. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a Prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. Where a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the Prize for another item of equal or higher value subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value (including between advertising of the Promotion and receipt of the Prize).
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability (or that of a third party involved with the Promotion) to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms, including but not limited to a pandemic, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures, vandalism, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, government orders, or anything that otherwise corrupts or affects the administration, security fairness, Integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter’s obligations in respect of the Promotion will be suspended for the duration of the Promotion and, in addition, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to approval of the relevant authorities.
- The Promotion and these Terms will be governed by the law of the State or Territory in which the Promoter ordinarily resides. Entrants accept the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts and tribunals of that State or Territory in connection with disputes concerning the Promotion.
- Before the Prize is awarded, the winner and any other person(s) sharing the Prize with the winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from any liability arising from the use or participation in the Prize.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.